Revenue Manager – Sydney based
Stretching across two iconic heritage-listed buildings – The Clare Hotel pub and the Carlton & United Breweries Administration Building – the 62-room boutique hotel has been constructed with obsessive attention to aesthetics and concern for retaining the interesting features of both buildings. Situated along the re-developed Kensington Street precinct, The Old Clare Hotel is the first Australian hotel from the unconventional Unlisted Collection:. With its rich, varied history and architecture, Chippendale has become the home of choice for dozens of art galleries, production houses, graphic and fashion design studios, plus Sydney’s most exciting new restaurants, cafés and bars.
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven Revenue Manager to join our team. This position plays a critical role in the financial success of the hotel through developing and delivering effective revenue management and distribution strategies
Key Outcomes & Deliverables
This role is responsible for overseeing the revenue management and distribution strategy at The Old Clare Hotel. Specifically:
- Ensuring that the hotel is positioned to achieve its revenue and, more broadly, financial objectives, through developing, executing and monitoring effective pricing and distribution strategies across all channels.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of strategies by continual analysis of, review and adjustment to adapt to changing market or demand conditions.
- Preparing and distributing reports that effectively communicate revenue results against forecasts and budgets, including daily, monthly, and weekly reporting, with accompanying analysis and recommendations as to strategy adjustments where relevant.
- Tactical analysis and pricing responsibility of group business in conjunction with Events department
- Effective management of distribution channel contribution to control costs and maximise rooms profitability
- Oversight of a local Reservations team and deployment of their resources and efforts to achieve the strategic goals outlined above
What are you like?
Sound revenue management principles guide your very existence, and you’ll have solid experience applying them in the real wold. You are analytical by nature, competitive and have a good head for rate management strategy. You are not put off by, and rather look forward to, handling and interpreting complex data, and then applying this interpretation to the way you strategically manage hotel revenue. You can think on a macro level with your knowledge of the Australian hotel market, and on a micro level with your systems knowledge, specifically in Opera, Channel Managers and Revenue Management Systems
What’s good about working here?
- Small, close-knit team
- Design-led, historically rich aesthetic and amazing Chippendale location
- Flexible work environment
- Get a day off for your birthday
- Paid time off for charity
- Interesting and varied anniversary benefits
- Accommodation and restaurant discounts
Does it sound like we might be right for you and you might be right for us?
- Please send us your CV outlining your relevant experience and achievements with a cover letter addressing the criteria outlined in this ad, and;
- In your cover letter, please also tell us about a time that market conditions were predicting a downturn in business performance, but through careful analysis, strategy, and execution you were able to avoid, overcome, or mitigate these changes and the way this helped the business achieve its goals.
Send your CV to – Lucinda Kay / HR Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org